Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about picking up a skateboard to try a new “sport” and do a little cross training and prep in the snowboarding off season. I don’t know much about boards, but I think I want to stick with a park type board instead of a long board just so I can get my body used to going up and down embankments/transitions on a board. Does anyone have one laying around collecting dust they’re looking to get rid of out here in the Naper/Aurora area? Doesn’t need to be pretty or top of the line, just something that’s decent that will last with a newbie falling off of it quite a bit. What do you guys got?

·
Armed law abiding citizen
18,882 Posts
Depends on the kind of riding you are used to/want to do. I used to ride 75% street, 25% half pipe/bowl. I used Gator and Santa Cruz boards, Swiss bearings, Slimeball 90 or 92 wheels (hard and LOUD!) and Tracker trucks. Today, I have this, same set up, but the board is a copy.

This set up can be found for under $200, and worth every penny.

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
i,m old school but i dont ride the old board anymore, i get a new school shape but 8.5 or more wide, i have old twin tail boards laying around and could set u up for free or cheap depending on which one you want, near woodridge

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree on buying new, I bought three from this place ( i knew nothing at the time), http://www.skateboards.com/complete-skateboards-c-83_12.html

"Completes" for @100 bucks will suit your needs. I have fallen equally as hard on skateboards at all price levels. Just like motorbikes, once you get to a certain level, it's the dummy riding it that makes the real difference.

Not that it matters but I bought one Enjoi, one Habitat, one Real. They were all slightly different, but good quality. Have fun.

·
A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i,m old school but i dont ride the old board anymore, i get a new school shape but 8.5 or more wide, i have old twin tail boards laying around and could set u up for free or cheap depending on which one you want, near woodridge
Shoot me a messag with what you have. The guy I talked to the other day recommended a 8.25 for me since I mostly want to do crusing and riding transitions similar to snowboard situations and not so much on the flip tricks and stuff.

I don't need to drop $100 on something just to try it out so what's why I was looking for someone who doesn't use theirs anymore and wants to unload it. If I get into it some more, then I might look into building my own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.