Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've haggled $424 for the power pass or whatever they call it (any gym but the spas)

My old rate I paid $348 for the same thing. Can anyone hook me up with better? I'd like to get under $400 or as close to what I paid as before

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
You haggled to the regular program that the offer. There's no haggling, guy I've ridden with owns an Xsport and there's no deals to be had. It's all done via the corporate office which leads to the problem. I also paid $424 or something like that for 15 months. You can prolly get 10 or 20 free guest passes outta the deal or free tanning...that they can be flexible on.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
interesting, that was my renewal fee from my old old account before I cancelled and got the deal. (My first account is apparently still frozen). Edit: because it's frozen I bet it updates to the most current rate). She told me regular was 5 something and police/fire discount was $454

I might just go to cardinal, they offered me $13/mo for me AND my girlfriend

·
Registered
511 Posts
wtf? $400+ and you get what? a swollen @$$ and drained checking account/inflated credit card bill?

$20 to join (even tho mine was free cuz I got hookups) and $20 a month ... that equates to $260/year including joining fess... I hope that $400+ is for 2 people for the whole year with free blowjobs...

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
i pay $50 a month for LifeTime fitness. and that doesn't include the $200 start up fee i paid 3-4 years ago.

o yeah, and back then for x-mas i bought my g/f at the time a years membership, plus her start up fee..

my asshole hurts, but i really like the place.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i pay $50 a month for LifeTime fitness. and that doesn't include the $200 start up fee i paid 3-4 years ago.

o yeah, and back then for x-mas i bought my g/f at the time a years membership, plus her start up fee..

Yea... I used to be at Lifetime too... but all I do is workout... I never use the hot tub, pool, climbing wall (yea i know its extra for some stuff...), etc... all I do is workout... which is why I couldn't justify an EXTRA $30 a month to have to WAIT IN LINE to get the right free weights... :beltfed :2cents:

·
CUBS fan, not a SOX hater
2,275 Posts
wtf? $400+ and you get what? a swollen @$$ and drained checking account/inflated credit card bill?

$20 to join (even tho mine was free cuz I got hookups) and $20 a month ... that equates to $260/year including joining fess... I hope that $400+ is for 2 people for the whole year with free blowjobs...
Cardinal and Xsport are 2 different levels of gyms. I belonged to Cardinal for a year, and quit. It has the basics...and they are usually in small store fronts. Nice gym, but not at the level of Xsport.

I like having an intense workout, and then hitting the spar for an hr long deep tirrue massage. You don't get that at cardinal.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
You haggled to the regular program that the offer. There's no haggling, guy I've ridden with owns an Xsport and there's no deals to be had. It's all done via the corporate office which leads to the problem. I also paid $424 or something like that for 15 months. You can prolly get 10 or 20 free guest passes outta the deal or free tanning...that they can be flexible on.
I paid the same as you. I just downgaraded from a power pass to a super (I think thats what it is)...I'm down to $33 a month. It includes ALL the gyms I use (Downers, Naperville, Arl Hts etc)...but doesn't include Pipers Alley and a few others. Call the customer service number. May be worth looking into.

Also...for every person who joins that you refer you get a free month.

Nicole

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Not familiar with Cardinal. I like the 24/7. In the winters the Deerfield Bally's started closing at 10 instead of 11 for some reason. The number of machines is much better too. There's like 7 or 8 bench press machines, 3 squat racks, 2 shoulder press...big thing at Bally's was waiting which would happen almost every time. When I break it down I pay $23 a month. I label that as expensive when compared to most of the other clubs around here, but they deliver so it works for me for now.

·
2,275 Posts
Yea... I used to be at Lifetime too... but all I do is workout... I never use the hot tub, pool, climbing wall (yea i know its extra for some stuff...), etc... all I do is workout... which is why I couldn't justify an EXTRA $30 a month to have to WAIT IN LINE to get the right free weights... :beltfed :2cents:
I've rarely had to wait in line to use anything at Xsport...even during prime hours (after work). Most guys are cool and let you work in.

You go to the gym that works for you...and obviously it's not xsport or Lifetime.

Nicole

·
2,275 Posts
Not familiar with Cardinal. I like the 24/7. In the winters the Deerfield Bally's started closing at 10 instead of 11 for some reason. The number of machines is much better too. There's like 7 or 8 bench press machines, 3 squat racks, 2 shoulder press...big thing at Bally's was waiting which would happen almost every time. When I break it down I pay $23 a month. I label that as expensive when compared to most of the other clubs around here, but they deliver so it works for me for now.
Yoy and I are on the same page. I love the 24/7 aspect...and for me, having the spa is a huge bonus. I believe in massages and get them regularly.

Another thing that sold me on Xsport was I wasn't limited to only working out by my office, or at home in Naperville. I have the freedom to workout where I like, depending on where I am that day. Sometimes a little added expense is just worth it.

Nicole

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I got the best deal.... Free. :laughing

I'm not going into details as I don't want anyone to ruin it but I'm a very satisfied customer :)

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
There ya go. I used a buddies pass a number of years ago to first the YMCA and then Bally's. 3 years of free didn't get any better than that.

·
Banned
5,923 Posts

I pay $600/year for my membership, and I pay extra for training. :robewizar

·
Registered
478 Posts
:lmao:
I pay $350 a month for my east bank membership not to mention the $500 enrollment!! add in all the bar tabs and food fees.. its like a mortgage payment

i am getting hosed

·
Move along
1,603 Posts

Which Lifetime do you go to? I try and get to the one on Randall in Algonquin as much as I can, but get lazy and lack the motivation

·
Registered
511 Posts
^^^ I gotta friend that goes to the one in Algonquin... he's gotta green 95 GSX w/99 front end conversion, fmic, 16g, lowered, etc... you might of seen em there...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts