Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this thread is the closes one to 360 - here we go.

How to delete unused local profiles from 360?
I have like 7 profiles, and I use only one. Lots of people was playing on my xbox.

Does anyone uses the intercooler?

I had some problems yesterday with my box freezing.
That was the first time my xbox than that.
I got GOW, I did update,
restart and my box froze on xbox logo.
Started again box stopped at xbox logo with funny colors on it. (usual overheating issue)
Than I slap Forza2 in, and got another update (which surprised me because I played that game couple minutes before).

Restart, 3 minutes in game and box froze again. (in that moment I pulled out my papers to call Microsoft)

I took forza out and put some movie in and worked fine.

So I took it to the garage, and used a compressor to dust it off.
Box cooled off a little and then worked fine for next 45 minutes no problem.
So I went to bed.

Looks like it helped for know, but I don't know what could happened.
Overheating, or update kind of f-up my bios. I will check it out tonight
if happens again I'm calling msoft, its still on warranty till 11\22.
Any thoughts?

Thx

·
Registered
312 Posts
i was about to tell you it was coming. dont use the intercooler it can cause the rings. what code are you getting?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have mine on 2 hard rubber pieces so air can flow under it. The inter-cooler melts to the back of your Xbox and voids your warranty. DONT USE IT. I got the red ring of death a couple months ago. Let it cool down, move it to a space that is well ventilated and pray it doesn't happen again!

·
Registered
312 Posts
We all love our 360s but we all know deep down we all know that it doesn't have the best build quality ever.

Several members of this forums and I'm sure more will during owning a 360 will experience the 'Ring of Death'.

If there is a severe problem with the Xbox 360 the LEDs in the ring of light will flash in a particular pattern. The pattern itself leads to some insight to the problem. Certain patterns will lead to numbered error codes which will provide further information as to the problem. The numbered error codes are described below their corresponding LED code.

==========

If sections 1, 2, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- The AV cable cannot be detected

THINGS TO TRY
Make sure that the AV cable is correctly connected to the Xbox 360 console.
Disconnect the AV cable from the Xbox 360 console, and then reconnect the AV cable to the Xbox 360 console.
If the four flashing red lights continue to flash, try wiping the metal area of the AV pack with a dry cloth. The metal area is the end that plugs into the console. Wipe the metal area thoroughly, and then try the AV Pack again.
If the AV cable is correctly connected but the four red lights are still flashing, substitute a different AV cable if you have one available.
==========

If sections 1, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- General Hardware Failure

THINGS TO TRY
Try restarting the console.
If restarting the console does not resolve the behavior, follow these steps:
Turn the console off.
Unplug all the power and AV cables from the console.
Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
Firmly reconnect all the cables.
Turn on the console.
If these steps do not resolve the behavior, turn the console off, remove the hard drive, and then turn on the console. If the 3x Red LED error light is no longer displayed, turn the console off, re-attach the hard drive, and then turn on the console.
Also examine the lights on the power supply. When you turn on the console, the power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the RoL flash red.
Check the secondary Error Codes per the instructions in the secondary error code section if all else fails.

==========

Sections 1, and 3 are flashing red
- Overheating

THINGS TO TRY
Let the Xbox 360 console cool.
Note You may have to wait several hours for the console to cool enough. Do not turn on the console when the console is hot.
Verify that the console has sufficient ventilation and that the fan is operating. For more information about ventilation, see the "More Information" section.
PREVENTIVE SOLUTIONS
To try to prevent this problem, use the following precautions:
Do not block any ventilation openings on the Xbox 360 console.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well-ventilated.
Do not put the Xbox 360 console near any heat source, such as a radiator, a heat register, a stove, or an amplifier.
DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR CONSOLE IN THE FREEZER OR OUT IN COLD WEATHER TO COOL IT DOWN

==========

Section 4 is flashing red
- Hardware Failure

The Specific Type of hardware failure can be determined by the error code displayed on the screen.
If the screen is blank or you would like additional information follow the instructions for determining the secondary error code in the section below

E64: (not yet known)

E65: DVD Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, DVD is without f/w chip, etc.

E67: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it, This can also be caused by a Hard Drive EPROM Error.

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E71: (not yet known)

E73: (not yet known)

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (could also be a problem with the encoder chip)

E76: (not yet known)

E79: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

==========

SECONDARY ERROR CODES

The specific type of hardware failure can be determined by a "hidden" error code
Turn the Xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.
Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.
The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).
Release the eject button and press it again.
The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.
The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.
The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.
The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.
You should be able to determine the difference between the 3 flashing lights and the error code lights by the rate in which they flash.

Here is how you interpret the LEDs to get the code number:
All four lights flashing - 0
One light flashing - 1
Two Lights flashing - 2
Three lights flashing - 3
0001 power supply problem
0002 power supply problem
0003 (not yet known)

0010 over heating
0011 over heating
0012 over heating
0013 over heating

0020 (Not yet known, possibly overheating)
0021 (not yet known)
0022 GPU Error / GPU Overheating

0101 (not yet known)
0102 unknown error - literally means the console does not know what is wrong. Possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

0110 Memory Error / Memory Overheating

1003 Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

1010 Hard Drive Error, Can be caused buy a currupt or missing Eprom.

1013 (not yet known)

1020 (not yet known)

1022 AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (could also be a problem with the encoder chip)

1030 (not yet known)

==========

Sending in your Console for Repair

If none of the above suggestions work, contact MS customer support get get a support ticket started. If your console is still under warranty DO NOT attempt to open it and fix it yourself. MS will fix it promptly and for free and if you open it you void your warranty.

Check the documentation that came with your Xbox 360 for contact information.

In the US Customer Support can be reached at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269)

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
For now I can tell all 3 red lights blinking. 1,3,4
It's starting up and freezes on the 360 logo, no red light just stops.
Restart same crap, restart and red light are on.
I will try that test to see whats the problem.
Let U know later, I'm glad I died on warranty.

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
0102 unknown error
I'm calling those bastards.
Cold solder WTF, where they build this shit - CHIna :lmao:

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just did, shipping box is on the way.
Funny, I think something is wrong with wireless connection, freezes up
and do not wont to connect to the controllers.
Those stupid red light are not showing up all the time but console is still frozen.
I have to reboot like 3 4 times so they will show up. Fuck it its still on warranty no matter if they there or not. I will snap a photo with my red lights and my conf.# in case.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i used the hot air fix for my 0102 code. worked but always broke again and had to get a new xbox

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I will be playing my old xbox tonight, Halo 2 here I come.

Can I use the same account for old xbox to play on line or I have to create something new?
2 or 3 weeks without my 360 that will be painful, and I will miss Forza ride 2-morrow. Good thing is i will get new one with another 2 years warranty. That will only apply to the red light of death.

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That pc of shit is really pissing me off.
I turned that junk on again and I was able to play GOW for over an hour without
any lockups. When I will send them this xbox they will say I'm crazy and delusional. So I took a photo of those red lights with there ref# right under,
just to have a proof I'm not insane.

·
Registered
312 Posts
what i hate is that they give you a refurb box back even if yours is brand new

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Gotta love the rings of death. Bought my xbox in dec of last year 3 days after that i got the red rings. went into game stop got a new one have a nice day. second one well that last up until about 4 months ago and red rings. new on freezing and locking during game.

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do they always send back rebuilt unit or new one?
Thats kind of not fair, I use my xbox very rare, and I know my dvd drive is like brand new, and now I might get some abused one.
Good think my warranty will be extended for another 2 years for those red lights.

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Yup, mine is at the repair center right now. Started randomly freezing, then slowly would boot up less and less until I couldn't boot it up anymore. 3 Red lights.

Microsoft has to be kicking themselves in the ass for this. I guess this is what happens when a software company has to build hardware.

"Whaaa? we can't fix hard drive and DVD-ROM failures with a downloadable patch update??" Consider their RMA facility the "Patch Tuesday" for XBOX's.

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
I just did, shipping box is on the way.
Funny, I think something is wrong with wireless connection, freezes up
and do not wont to connect to the controllers.
Those stupid red light are not showing up all the time but console is still frozen.
I have to reboot like 3 4 times so they will show up. Fuck it its still on warranty no matter if they there or not. I will snap a photo with my red lights and my conf.# in case.
Did you call them or go on the website to get the shipping box??

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
as far as deleting profiles, go to your dashboard and scroll all the way to the right and click on memory and find the profiles and delete them from in there.

if u wanna get a new box, do it before ur warranty is up, you wont regret it, when i got mine back it worked perfectly, and dont move around the xbox too much, ive found that when you're moving it around (i.e. takin it to a friends house, movin it around the house frequently) it tends to have more problems, so keep it one spot if possible, and remember, dust free is the way to be!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts