·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohooo!! Just call me Haga-san!:twofinger

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
nice helm. I'll be getting a new one this winter as well. need to start shopping i think.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
That is pretty sweet Mark....reminds me of the Shoei Hot Wheels one.

I need a new lid too....had this one for a few years and crashed with it.

Does Arai offer the free crash exam like Shoei?

·
3,613 Posts
Damn, nice helmet. I'll be getting a new one in the spring, too, probably. :) Uhm.. free crash helmet testing from Shoei?? Sweet, I'm gonna have to look into that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kruz said:
Did your head get bigger?...I didn't think that was possible. :D
Damn right!!!! I needed to go up to a XXXXL :laughing :twofinger

Actually this is to replace my Shoei RF that got trashed in S-hawk crash #2:rolleyes :D

I'm 90% sure they do the free crash exam also, gotta double check that. Hope I never need that though.....my crashing days are over....
:rofl :rofl :rofl :laughing :rolleyes

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
I have the Haga in red. A real nice helmet. I even had a little get-off and scratched the side cover for the shield. The scratches polished right out.

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
very nice lid Mark! One of my favorites!

I might spring for a new graphic helmet too.
I like the reentry, definitely my favorite.

but if I paint the bike silver/blue, I might go with the Edwards

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jack said:
very nice lid Mark! One of my favorites!

I might spring for a new graphic helmet too.
I like the reentry, definitely my favorite.

but if I paint the bike silver/blue, I might go with the Edwards
I REALLY like the reentry!!!:cheers

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Odysseys said:
hey mark is that a rx7?

and john, dude trust me, buy a rx7 bro...trust me man
Quantam-F Haga Replica (yellow)

Me likey:D Seems much lighter than my previous Shoei&HJC. If its quieter too that will be great.:D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Are the Arai's that much better than the RF-900? The RF-900 fits me well, I have three shields for it, it crashed well and kept my knoggin safe.

Where can I go to size up an Arai? Can you still get them online? I remember a online places with actual storefronts that allowed you to phone in an order.

Anyone buy or see good deals at the motorcycle show last year?

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Kruz said:
Are the Arai's that much better than the RF-900? The RF-900 fits me well, I have three shields for it, it crashed well and kept my knoggin safe.

Where can I go to size up an Arai? Can you still get them online? I remember a online places with actual storefronts that allowed you to phone in an order.

Anyone buy or see good deals at the motorcycle show last year?
I go with what fits my knoggin, Arais fit me best, Shoei and Suomy don't. I don't think either are any better, go with what fits. I've heard Arais are a bit noiser, but I wear ear plugs so who cares.

As I understand it, online stores without a storefront aren't allowed to sell Arais, only what they have in stock. Go to your local shop, try it on, and support them.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
jack you already answered my reply to you, the rx7 is noiser...BUT WHO CARES...its the BEST and the lightest!

they just need to get them fucken uridium sheilds made those cock sockers!

and i have had 2 rf900, both peices of shit (my opinion)
the loosen up SO bad they tear your head off in triple digits, and the aria,rx7 is like rock still, and it says screw you mr. wind:evil

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
My wife and I both have the RX-7RR4 or whatever the heck their called, and they are noisy. They are light and comfortable, but the sheilds are not the easiest to get on and off either. The Quantum is suppose to be quieter.

For the track the RX-7 is fine because like Jack I wear ear plugs. Given my choice on the street or even if noise bothered me on the track I'd go with the Quantum or another helmet. I'm happy with these, but when riding on the street the wind noise does get old after a while.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts