Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Katana will have to go bye bye in the spring, after the last track day it was time to upgrade.

Just bought, get this Crazy :D a 97' GSXR 750 14,000 miles on it full yosh RS3 system for $4,800 out the door, including tax title and license. So this will replace the Katana as the track bike.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
lovebothkats said:
The Katana will have to go bye bye in the spring, after the last track day it was time to upgrade.

Just bought, get this Crazy :D a 97' GSXR 750 14,000 miles on it full yosh RS3 system for $4,800 out the door, including tax title and license. So this will replace the Katana as the track bike.

Congrats:cheers

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
WOOHOO!!! Congratulations!!! Excellent choice!:cheers :cheers

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
What's the going rate gonna be for the Kat? I'm casually interested in a dedicated track whore. After seeing those pics of you out there railing it, I'm thinking it might have plenty of life left for me to learn some new tricks w/o sacrificing my street bike.

Just curious.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
lovebothkats said:

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!:cheers Tell me how you like it. I may go with a gixxer 600/750 over the winter.;)

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll see I will still ride the Katana one more track day this Monday.

Underdog, if you are interested it would be about $4k unless you took it off my hands now then I might be a little more flexible :D Otherwise I'll put all the good stuff back on, and sell it next spring.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Hmmmm... well considering I scored my SV for less than that, I guess my mind is made up. Damn, I was really liking that "custom blue" paint job on the skinz too! :D

Good luck man. Congrats on the new ride!

:cheers

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Underdog said:
What's the going rate gonna be for the Kat? I'm casually interested in a dedicated track whore. After seeing those pics of you out there railing it, I'm thinking it might have plenty of life left for me to learn some new tricks w/o sacrificing my street bike.

Just curious.
I dont want to lose a sale for dave here but you would be better off with something else for the track, man. The Kat is great on the street, but putting it on the track is pushing its abilities. Your SV would make a much much better track bike.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
lovebothkats said:

now i know why you were asking questions about this bike! good catch dave, you got a good bike at a good price.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: You guys are a bad influence!

Vcook said:

now i know why you were asking questions about this bike! good catch dave, you got a good bike at a good price.
Thanks! Now is the time to buy, you can get some killer deals.

Underdog, don't worry it is a high price and I know that. Realistically I'm upside down in the Katana but come spring I know it will sell for that much. I'm going to get it looking mint again by spring so it will make someone a great street bike still.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Thats a nice chioce in bikes you got there dude. Good wheelie bike too :D :D now if only you could do wheelies :D :twofinger

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
I'm sure once you get the original digs back on it will fetch that price. Don't blame ya for trying to get it either.

As for me, I'm going to try not to wad the SV in the next season or two (put the $$ into good leathers just in case) and start looking for a used SV1000 from there to be the street bike and dedicate the 650 to the track it was designed for.

Oh yea, and I'll be winning the lottery somewhere in there too... :twofinger

Thanks for the advice V...

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Nice choice...750 is a lot of power for the track though...be careful. You may be chewing through a lot of expensive rubber.

Good luck on selling the Katana

:rolleyes

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Dave i have lots of spares, including some race tech stuff , looking for anything let me know!:thumbsup

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Thats kool Dave. Have fun with the new beast.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Underdog said:
As for me, I'm going to try not to wad the SV in the next season or two (put the $$ into good leathers just in case) and start looking for a used SV1000 from there to be the street bike and dedicate the 650 to the track it was designed for.
Geez, where have I heard THIS before. Copycat. :laughing I'm opting for Speed Four instead of the SV1000. Trying something different. It's good though, I need somebody in the beginner class to chase now that Kim and Pete have moved onto bigger things.

LBK, congrats on the new bike. I'm sure it will suit your riding much better. Pucks are cheaper than hard parts! :D
Now you'll lap me three or four times a session instead of just two.

Chris

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
I need somebody in the beginner class to chase now that Kim and Pete have moved onto bigger things.
We tried our hardest to give you several opportunities to chase us. Every time we lapped you you got another chance.:D

J/K Grover. By the end of the day you seemed to be more comfortable. Can only imagine how you felt on Sunday.

And here I just got into the fast group in the Beginner and got myself into the slow group in the Intermetiate. O well.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts