Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
long distance
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of times a ride is geared around a place to eat, so try and help a hungry guy out on where to go :) , I'll start wth a place most evryone knows Highland House , great place for breakfast! gyros omlete:thumbsup .....anymore?

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
viki's place in mchenry. outside eating area on the river and a killer beef samich!!!:-

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
strats has pretty decent food and its our local hang out till around 9pm sometimes before going on a ride somewhere..and ofcourse hOOTers:evil

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Here's the way I look at it:

If it has good food and I can park the bike there, it qualifies.

However, I'll offer 3 places:

1) Moretti's in Edison Park (on Olmstead across from the train station). Good pizza, and rumor has it that bikers do frequent it.
Where I've been with teammates to catch the Hawks at home on satellite.

2) Russell's on Thatcher in River Grove. I haven't been there in a while, but I do recall the food being decent and there is room for bike parking.

3) Johnnie's on North Ave. in Elmwood Park. Long lines are enough testimony, and I have seen bikes park there, but it can get VERY crowded (so parking can get difficult at times).

Do I detect restaurant outings in the near future? (Hint, hint).

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Well, we've been searching in the northeastern suburbs around Lincolnshire, vernon hills for months. no real luck yet! I think PJ Willaker's up in Lincolnshire might qualify though.

Best bike eatery I've seen so far is Hooters in Crystal Lake. Have they opened their outside eating yet?

·
I do it in the dirt!
607 Posts
Down here (far south side/NW Indiana) we got :
-Blue Top in Highland, IN at Indianapolis Blvd. & 165th (159th/rt.6 in lL) just south of 80/94 Indianapolis exit.
-Hooters both Lansing, IL and Merrillville, IN.
-Miami Subs in Highland, IN on 45th street between Calumet Ave. and Indianapolis Blvd.
-Kilroy's in Lansing, IL on Ridge Rd. right in downtown. (good place to hang out and drink too, besides the food).

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
GroverSV650S said:

Best bike eatery I've seen so far is Hooters in Crystal Lake. Have they opened their outside eating yet?
Nope dame burocraps, the city is still pissed at them about the zoning garbage from the beginning:rolleyes

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Jim's right Vicki's is pretty good. And I dont think I've ever seen a bad Hooters. :D I kinda like Portillos and Barnellies as well.

·
2,625 Posts
Michael said:

both very excellent. Is Russell's River Grove? it's almost right on the corner of North and Thatcher. I would have guessed Elmwood Park.
Yeah, you're right, it is Elmwood Park.

Actually that whole stretch of North Ave. by Johnnie's has a lot
of restaurants.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We should sometime crash the Broken Oar in Fox Lake
Lots of Bikes 90 percent Harley's good food and plenty of
breast to look at on a hot day. On a good Saturday there's
a good 1000 plus bikes there live outside bands and the works
Lets do it!!!:evil

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
If yer gonna do the Open Sore, might as well hit Fatman's and Jesse Oaks.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
TurboSpeedTriple mentioned Jesse Oaks. That's definately on my hit list. Judging from his company on Wednesday, it's got to be better than recent locations I've been to.

Maks, Thursday night? :cheers

Chris

·
3,613 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
Maks, Thursday night? :cheers
You're a bad influence. I've got school Friday morning, but, yeah, I'll try and get all my work done before Thursday night. :D :cheers

·
Registered
152 Posts
Johnnie's Kick Ass!! They have a dam good beef sandwich and the best italian ice around!! If you never had it before. Try it!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmmmm fooood

you guys should try hamburger heaven on york & North ave.
awesome food and shakes.

but if your looking to sit down have some brews then i like going to Buffalo wild wings in elmhurst also.:thumbsup

·
2,625 Posts
OK, here's two more:

Ribs: Giovanni's on Roosevelt in Berwyn.

Wings: Buffalo Joe's in Evanston.

I'm not sure how bike friendly these two are, but the food is good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried Jeese Oaks on Hot Sunday afternoon and It
was dead. And not to mention they've got the ugliest
waitress's " Our's had three teeth. One in her mouth and two in her pocket"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Half time in Johnsburg Il if you guys are up north has awesome food. Its on wilmot/johnsburg road of route 31. The pizza and burgers are great. It has a mixed crowed of harleys or jap stuff. What ever you ride is ok.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts