Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seeing some other projects its time to start - started mocking up the motor tonight - fits pretty well and mucho room for exhaust port unlike yz250 motor - its going to be a busy winter - mock it up, cut off lower motor mounts and reweld and fab up some more engine mounts get everything set, clean powdercoat frame swingarm, etc - ive got 4-5 months!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9903644/

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
your 125 a steel frame? you should be using a 250f frame if anything ( no shortage of blown up 250f's being parted out and frames are cheap on e-bay, or get a 125 05-06), they shove 500's in those, and you're wasting your time , yamaha's frame flex makes it a uncompetitive sumo anyway

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your 125 a steel frame? you should be using a 250f frame if anything ( no shortage of blown up 250f's being parted out and frames are cheap on e-bay, or get a 125 05-06), they shove 500's in those, and you're wasting your time , yamaha's frame flex makes it a uncompetitive sumo anyway
Ive got the frame already and the 06 250-450 frames are the same + not a sumo bike a dirty, my 250 will be sumo!

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got stuff back from powder coating starting mock up!

Attachments

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got a mr buddy propane i use in the garage and it heats it up good but i just wanted to put it on the frt porch as its easier and i can walk back and forth and watch tv or listen to tunes and be by the kids. its nice at 1 am on friday night in my pjs workin on my shit!

·
sv corners faster than r6
488 Posts
What's the deal with using a 250 or 450f with a yz 250 two stroke motor? I just found out that my blow motor has a fully ported sweetech cylinder while @ Millenium. My sell yz250 with a stock cylinder and find a used f chassis to build up a nice ice ride for next year...

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's the deal with using a 250 or 450f with a yz 250 two stroke motor? I just found out that my blow motor has a fully ported sweetech cylinder while @ Millenium. My sell yz250 with a stock cylinder and find a used f chassis to build up a nice ice ride for next year...
Had spare shit lying around and wanted to see if i could do it + modern aluminumn fram with steel chassis 125 mtr.

·
sv corners faster than r6
488 Posts
Fyi. The 05+ Al stamped frame is actually heavier than the steel chassis. I looked into this before picking up my yz. Asked the same Q on thumpertalk & the only explanation was that it looks cooler & that yamaha stopped frame dev. On the yz after 06...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fyi. The 05+ Al stamped frame is actually heavier than the steel chassis. I looked into this before picking up my yz. Asked the same Q on thumpertalk & the only explanation was that it looks cooler & that yamaha stopped frame dev. On the yz after 06...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
are you referring to the YZ125-250 aluminumn frame as its way different then the 2006-2009 yz450f frame. from my understanding the yz450f frame is lighter then the original 99' yz125 frame. If everything comes together good i should have a 180lb 40hp missle! power to weight equal to a 2009 yz450f at around 48hp

·
lust for bikes!
3,931 Posts
but effective power to weight ratio takes into account the riders weight too :p

da one twenny fiva.... it no lika da pasta!

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good luck getting a bike under 200 lbs, much less 180, but 205 is still light these days
dry weight 125 is around 192lbs, going from steel frame yz125 to aluminum is about 8lb drop. aftermarket pipe, silencer 2-5 lbs drop, ti shock spring, 1-2lbs
sss forks, lighter than old style forks, 2008 shock lighter than 99yz shock
im betting i get a easy 10lb min drop. now i gotta drop 20 lbs! one ounce of meth should do that! lol

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but effective power to weight ratio takes into account the riders weight too :p

da one twenny fiva.... it no lika da pasta!
r u saying im a fat **** bastard steve?:flip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.